Presbyterian Ladies College – original campus

300 Albert Street, East Melbourne 3002

This was the original site of the Presbyterian Ladies College, Australia’s first school for girls to offer a program and education equal to that of a boys’ school modelled on the great English Public Schools.

The building was built in 1875 and demolished in 1958 after the school moved to its present day location in Burwood.

Many of the leading women in Victoria in the late 1800s and early 1900s attended school at this campus.

PLC: “Our History”

Wikipedia